Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Gay Young Man's Mind


So looking back on my life, I first realized there was something very different about me around 7 or 8 years old. Being that age, I had no idea what it was exactly, but, looking back on it, I can tell you that from a very early age I knew I was gay. Just as much as you straight folks know your straight and you like girls or girls that like guys...I knew I liked guys. So don't go telling me it's a choice or that I can change my genetically disposed attractions, because it is not true. I do not subscribe to "pray away the gay" or reparative therapy, or having prayers offered up to cleanse me of this "corruption". It is not corruption, it is not possession, it is not a disorder. It is ME. Me, myself, and I...ME. This is who I am, and I'm happy with who I am. Granted there are days that I feel less-inclined to say that, but those are days when I feel disgruntled about being alone the rest of my life, single..etc. If you want to support me, help me, and encourage me to move forward...please, I welcome any help from anyone I can get. but you're going to disparage my relationship hardwiring, then, keep moving along and we'll talk about other things instead. 

God made me this way ladies and gentlemen, and I'm proudly going to be true to who I am. God loves all his children, Red, Yellow, Black, White, Gay, Straight, Bisexual, and Transgendered.

My goal with this particular piece is the hopes that someone who's maybe a bit more confused will read it, and understand that they are not "evil" or "corrupt" or "demonic" or other absurdities.  You're perfect exactly as you are made.  And you should be you, and don't let anyone else tell you what you should be!

~Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment